I hope your child has been enjoying communicating with their Spanish host family who they will soon meet in person in Madrid!
Just like the program your son or daughter will be participating in, we offer a similar program here in Portland for Gredos Spanish teens. We still need a few more welcoming host families for this group and since you are already beginning to form connections and friendships with the Gredos community, I wanted to reach out to the West Sylvan community to see if you’d be able to help.
These students will be arriving the evening of June 23rd and departing on July 14 (so your returning Spanish Immersion child will actually get to know them during their last week here). They have English classes and activities in downtown Portland each weekday from 9-5:30, and generally take TriMet back and forth each day.
Since they are with other teens their age all day in classes and activities, you don’t need to have a teen at home. If you have a younger or older child, you can still host! They are looking forward to spending their evenings and weekends with your family.
If you are interested in hosting, please contact me right away — many of these kids need their host family details by next week so we’re hoping to find a few great families in the next few days! You can click on the names below to read a little about some of the students who still need host families. If you want to host one, please call or email me!
– Jorge, 14-years old, loves soccer, basketball, ping pong and dogs! He can’t wait to visit the United States so he can see how Americans live their daily lives.
– Laura, 15-years old, enjoys skiing, swimming and skating and can’t wait to learn English and meet new friends!
– Lucía, 14-years old, describes herself as a cheerful, happy and outgoing girl who likes sports, music, reading and singing.
– Sandra, 16-years old, dreams of coming to the United States in order to improve her English and learn about another culture. She is a competitive swimmer and also enjoys photography and music.
I hope to hear back from many of you soon!
P.S. If you know of any friends or family in the Portland area who might be interested, please forward this email and have them contact us.
ANDEO International Homestays
620 SW 5th Ave
Portland, Oregon 97204
The trip is coming soon and excitement is in the air!!!! We will be using this forum to send information on what we are doing on the trip and I hope to share photos.
You will see some more posts to help build excitement but also as a way to share information that may be useful:
I like to think myself a well traveled person, but yet every time I go on a trip or talk to someone else who has traveled, I always learn something new and useful. For example, getting a prepaid credit card for Natalie to have on this trip? (Why didn’t I think of that?). I am reaching out to all of you, to share some great learning ideas, tips and things that people do to make traveling easier.
- I will start with my tried and true: Earplugs. Blocking out the airplane noise (and city noise) helps me sleep better on trips and helps with jet lag, blocking out that constant airplane white noise.
What can you share? Please share in the comments.
Just a Friendly reminder about two important documents:
- The Medication Form located in the folder given at orientation.
- A copy of your child’s passport.
Please get these documents to Rebecca at ANDEO as soon as possible.
The trip is coming soon, I can feel the excitement in the air!!!
Today the kids should have received who their homestay families are when they go to Spain.
The trip will be here soon!!
ANDEO needs a copy of each kid’s passport, if you haven’t sent one to them, please do.
If you have trouble entering the building please text or call at 503-453-3927
Friendly reminder that this is this weekend. Students need to have their photo book assignment completed as they will practice presenting it.
View original post 63 more words